Friday 24 August 2012

London

 as you know I was dreading my visit to London because I sometimes get lost. But I did enjoy it! Really I did. Okay I did not see everything but this was mainly due to the nature of my visit. I went there because I needed a new passport and the embassy wanted the presence of my fingertips for fingerprints. While I was there I went on a tour through the state rooms at Buckingham Palace. it was absolutely amazing. I was in rooms which are used for receptions and where people receive all sort of honours like an OBE or a knighthood and had a cakey in the garden cafe



I went for a walk about in Green Park (right next to the palace) and even ventured past James' Park to the houses of Parliament and saw Big Ben. It was 8.30 am when I saw Big Ben and it struck. Well I was surprised how quiet it was. I expected an enourmous BONG but it was a tiny bong which was really rather lovely


After my date at the Embassy I had enough time left to go and see the changing of the guards. WOWEE! There were soooooooo many people. See the difference between a photo taken at 8 am and one at 11.30am :


Buckingham Palace at 8 am

 
Buckingham Palace at 11.30 am showing the Fountain


And here is little very shaky video of what I saw during the Changing of the Guards.


 
I like London so much that I am certain I'll be going back again before my new Passport runs out ;-)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment